Mother's Day last year felt kinda weird since it didn't quite hit me completely to be a mamma yet. But this year, I really looked forward to it not only as a time we can all hang out as a family but also as a time to celebrate my love for him. I'm realizing more and more how funny and truly one-of-a-kind Ethan is and how priviledge I am to be his mamma.
- My most favorite time with him right now is cuddling together on the couch while watching Baby Einstein. He would actually sit right next to me the entire time. It is so precious! Also, he would sit on my lap longer while we read together and would nestle his head on my shoulder while I hold him. Love it, love it, love it!!!
- He has learned to become a little bit more gentle with other kids and Kaika. Knowing Ethan, I usually don't take my eyes off of him while at play dates. But last week, I saw him approaching a baby and gently touched her hair (instead of the usual pull her hair and poke her eyes out). It just really warms my heart to know that he's growing and maturing. Later that day, he also petted Kaika ever so gently...but then proceeded to climb on top of him. Oh well.
- His favorite word right now is "Whoa!" (accompanied with lifted eyebrows and big eyes). He would say it to anything and everything that he found the least bit cool. It's just hilarious and you couldn't help but laugh every time!
- He's also into birds. Whenever we go on a walk, he would notice them and point them all out whether they're on the ground, in the trees or on the power line. It's also a great distraction when we're at home. He'll go running to the window, step on his little stool and out comes the "Whoa!" when he finds them outside.
- He has been learning to play by himself more and more which is really nice - not only do I get a break, but I also get to see his thought process and creativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment