8.24.2010

O Happy Day - Part II

Yes, there's a part II to this. Ha, so apparently I spoke too soon. After Brian called to let me know he won't be home until late, it all went downhill from there. Ethan was whining, crying and just a cranky pants. What happened to the happy kid I had all week? I'm sure he missed his daddy and probably tired of me as well. Anyway later that afternoon, I stopped by a friend's house to pick up something and I guess after taking one look at me, she insisted that I leave Ethan there for a few hours. I was hesitant at first but thought that I better take up the offer...at least for the sake of my own sanity. And you know what, that two hours away to be alone and do my own thing was much needed!

Instead of relaxing the rest of the weekend, we were actually off to Brian's triathlon relay 1-1/2 hr away. With Ethan's early morning and two short naps in the car, we were all tired and on the edge. Brian was also coming down with a cold and his body was fighting hard. Wish the timing of it all could be better, but what can you do? Anyway, Brian's race went pretty well considering it happened right smack in the middle of the day. The heat and humidity were horrible and he did have a mild case of heat stroke. Apparently, they ran out of ice and his body couldn't cool down fast enough during the run. So now he's still recovering from that. We came home that night and lights were out by 7:30 pm.

Side note: I just want to say that the DVD player that I borrowed totally saved the weekend. (Normally Ethan doesn't watch that much TV/DVD but since that was the only thing that kept him happy, I definitely made exceptions).

No comments: