10.25.2011

The Challenge & Updates

The challenge for small group this week was to be media-free for 48 hours. It was refreshing and wasn't too hard considering I have a dumb phone and not a tv junkie. However, it did make me a)be more creative with my time (instead of randomly getting on the internet throughout the day) and b)think and ponder more about the Lord.

Anyway, now that it's over I feel the need to catch up on my postings...which just a little warning that they will be super random thoughts/things.
  • Ethan has been SUPER and the ideal child lately. He listens and obeys and does what we ask him to do which bring us such joy. I wonder if this is how God feels sometimes? He is also playing by himself for a longer period of time which is really nice. Lots of imaginary play like a picnic with his stuff animals and reading to them. So cute.

  • I've realized that although Ethan's potty train, I still need to pay attention to his liquid intake and when he went. Every so often, he would get lazy or wait too long to go and have an accident. I tried not to get mad about it but have failed at times.

  • Ethan has been displaying a lot of big brother qualities like being gentle and watching out for the little ones. It just warms my heart. I was a little worried how he would do when our 2nd comes, but I think he'll be just fine. =0)

  • I'm completely amazed at Ethan's ability to memorize AWANA verses. I thought he was too young or that it was too hard but apparently I was wrong.

  • He's really into acorns lately and loves collecting them on our walks. He also comes home from preschool with two pockets full of them. Somehow they made their way into our house until I found some worms/bugs so I had to put the kibosh on that.

  • Bedtime has been such a drag especially Tuesday and Thursday nights when we have stuff going on. He really struggle with winding down so it takes FOR-EVER for him to go to sleep. It gets pretty late and I mean 10-11 pm. We might need to reevaluate night time programs next year.

  • A girl from my small group recently gave me two boxes of maternity clothes and I felt like I won the lottery. They are cute, comfy, my size and winter stuff. What a huge blessing! I'm just too cheap to go buy a bunch of stuff so I've been trying to get by with some old stuff. But that means a very limited wardrobe.

  • Every night I struggle with bloating and feel super uncomfortable to the point of not being able to sleep. I've tried everything but nothing works. It's pretty miserable.

  • Lastly, this song recently touched my heart. What an awesome reminder to me of how big our God is.

    God is able
    He will never fail
    He is almighty God
    Greater than all we seek
    Greater than all we ask
    He has done great things

    Lifted up
    He defeated the grave
    Raised to life
    Our God is able
    In His name
    We overcome
    For the Lord
    Our God is able

    God is with us
    God is on our side
    He will make a way
    Far above all we know
    Far above all we hope
    He has done great things

    God is with us
    He will go before
    He will never leave us
    He will never leave us
    God is for us
    He has open arms
    He will never fail us
    He will never fail us

    For the Lord
    Our God is able
    For the Lord
    Our God is able

No comments: