Now that the acorns are done let the leaves begin. Actually they have been gradually coming down for quite some time with still a lot to go. So today we decided to tackle the first round of it. I've been watching the "locals" aka our neighbors to see how they do it since I figured they're the expert. As it turns out, everyone and I mean EVERYONE here owns one of those backpack gas blowers
which I thought was a little excessive. But then I realized why: they're more powerful and easier to maneuver around. So there we were with a little dingy electrical blower which kinda does the job, but we kept having to watch the cord. (Thankfully I asked for it as a Christmas present one year or else we wouldn't even own one). Anyway, here's the trick - you blow the front yard leaves to the curb, which is one of the benefits of living in Fairfax City. No mulching, no
bagging which made life so much easier. (Great concept when there isn't a major storm coming with two days of nonstop rain). As for the backyard, you take a tarp then blow/rake the leaves onto it. Drag the whole thing to the curb and dump. Repeat. So that is what we did and it worked perfectly!

Playing Tarzan
Always so helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment