I embarked on this journey seven years ago hoping it would be easy. That I would have an easy child. But it has been anything but easy. I would have loved a step-by-step manual guide on how to be a mamma but instead had to learn it on the job, with my own child...Yikes! And the truth is I'm still learning because let's face it, they are constantly changing. It has always been my prayer from day one even with all the trials and challenges that I would find joy in the midst of it all. And that joy hasn't come easy either. Like the Israelites and their "giants" that the spies saw in the Promised Land (Deuteronomy ), this is my giant! Of course God knew that and saw it fit to give me these two precious boys despite my imperfections. Anyway, I'm learning that ultimately it isn't really about being "easy" but more about MY character refining (although I'm thankful it has gotten easier). We have consistently good days more than bad and Brian is walking in the door most nights greeted with smiles instead of meltdowns. God has definitely answered my heart's prayer by giving me more and more joy for them each day and I'm so thankful for that! Now I see the bigger picture (beyond the daily mundanes) what a privilege it is that I get to raise them to be more and more like Christ and what an extremely important job I have as their mother!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Anyway, Brian pampers me the rest of Mother's Day and refused to let me lift a finger. It was nice but kind of weird at the same time. We spent the evening exploring a new trail and found a creek the kids could splash in. It was great! I feel like the boys are at such a great age now because they can play together longer and are the best sharers I know! I'm super excited for this summer and all the fun things we'll get to do as a family.
The card they picked out for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment