7.18.2015

Our Summer So Far

Day 1 of summer did not AT ALL go as expected.  I thought we would all stay in our pajamas and have a lazy, relaxing day.  But the boys weren't even up for more than an hour before they started bickering and annoying each other (and me!)  So I told them to get dressed because we're leaving!  It doesn't matter where but out we go!!!  We ended up going to the library and then the park for a little bit...that is until Gavin decided to have a major tantrum as he screamed to go home.  *Sigh* Can't make everyone happy apparently.  By the end of the day, we were all crying including me and I just thought: when is September going to come because this is going to be a very, long summer.

Fast forward one month and we're actually doing pretty good.  I think they've finally got used to being around each other ALL DAY.  We tried to do something fun in the morning then I separate them in the afternoon with an enforce quiet time.  And that's usually a good day. 

Our summer bucket list:
  • train @ Burke Lake Park  
  • Rainbow Park
  • Our Special Harbor sprayground
  • Hidden Pond
  • the new Fairfax sprayground
  • Arts in the Park @ EC Lawrence Amphitheater
  • Old Town Alexandria
  • National Harbour
  • go to the beach
  • zoo
  • swim lessons 
  • $1 movie
  • drive-in movie
  • VBS
  • water park
  • Ryan's wedding
  • play in the creek
  • go get shaved ice

No comments: