8.01.2015

Double Family Reunions

Days leading up to this trip, I was feeling pretty anxious just not knowing how the boys would do on this longest-road-trip-we've-ever-done.  It could go really bad or it could go really good and I was hoping for the latter.

When the big day came, we got the the boys up at 5 am and hit the road.     
Trip #1's Destination: Hendersonville, TN
Estimated Travel Time: 10 hours
Actual Travel Time: 12 hours
 
 Keeping busy in the car
Popcorn and movie night at the Callaway's
 
It was so good to catch up and finally meet each other's kiddos!

Trip #2's Destination: Branson, MO with my family
Estimated Travel Time: 7-1/2 hours
Actual Travel Time: 9 hours
I drove for 3 hours and as we were thinking of stopping for lunch, both boys fell asleep so we kept going.  I ended up driving 5 hours straight (and took one for the team) before Brian took over.
 
 
 
BBQ with 27 family members at this sweet house that my parents rented
 
 
\
Dixie Stampede
 
  
 
 Jet skiing 
 
 
 
The Butterfly Palace

Trip #3's destination: Cincinnati, OH with Brian's family
Estimated Travel Time: 9 hours
Travel Travel Time:  10-1/2 hours
I felt super anxious again as I did NOT want to get back in the car for another long trip.
Saw the St. Louis Arch
 Dinner at The Spaghetti Factory
 
 
 
Cincinnati Zoo
 
BBQ & Bon Fire
 
 
 
 
 Creation Museum
 Until next year!
Trip #4's Destination: Home
Estimated Travel Time: 8 hours
Actual Travel Time:  9-1/2 hours
  
Home sweet home!

The boys did super duper well and we were so thankful the trip went so smoothly.  We are finally there with travelling!  Now that we can go on a longer trip with these two, we can't wait to plan next year's vacation!

No comments: