This morning church was cancelled (due to wind storm damage at the school) so we had a casual breakfast. Somehow the conversation between Gavin and me during that time led to a salvation talk. I've previously asked Gavin multiple times if he's ready to accept Jesus into his heart. And each time, he seemed unsure and said no. Often mentioning that he wants to wait until he's older. So I never pushed further - knowing the timing isn't right. But somehow today, he said yes. Yet somehow I hesitated and decided to wait it out.
Later that afternoon while we were out running errands, I overheard a conversation between Ethan and Gavin:
Ethan: Do you know that you're a sinner?
Gavin: Yes.
Ethan: Who died on the cross for you?
Gavin: Jesus.
Ethan: Do you want to go to heaven and be with me, Mommy and Daddy?
Gavin: Yes.
Gavin: Yes.
Ethan: Then you need to accept Jesus into your heart.
Gavin: Ok.
Gavin: Ok.
Ethan: Are you ready?
Gavin: Yes.
Gavin: Yes.
Ethan: Mommy, Gavin is ready to accept Jesus into his heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment