God is continually guiding my thoughts and working in my heart to understand His role of womanhood for me. So, here's another on going lesson. As I've mentioned before I've been struggling for the longest time of not wanting to stay-at-home but feeling like it's what a "good" Christian mother SHOULD do. And the nagging feeling of not "loving it," but I just do it anyway because it's what I'm SUPPOSED to do. So I look to the world for answers and of course they're all conflicting. Anyway this past week, I've learned the how and why God created Adam and Eve differently in Genesis 2. I walked away with two things:
1. The wife is created to be a "helper" to the husband. It isn't done to exalt the man, but to help him fulfill his purpose of glorifying God.
2. Because Eve was created in the garden, as opposed to Adam being created outside of the garden, her first responsibility is in the home.
Knowing that is from the Lord makes it so much easier to find joy, purpose and importance in what I'm doing. And being able to do it wholeheartedly.
Along the same note, this is the first time that I felt a sense of lost as Ethan is getting older and time is only moving forward. I know before I just couldn't wait until he gets to a certain stage where he could walk or talk, etc. Not that I want the baby stage back or anything =0P, but it does make me truly try to live each day to the fullest. Taking myself less seriously and laughing more. His 2nd birthday came and went and there isn't going to be another Ethan's 2nd birthday or another today really.
A couple other things that God has brought to light to help me appreciate it all: learning that our friends' son in India was born with 3 major complications and all the while trying to take care of a newborn. I just can't imagine the stress level. And also, I read an article recently about a lady fighting breast cancer while trying to raise her daughter. It just made me have a thankful heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment