3.03.2011

Discovery of the Week

Well, it has been an uneventful week. Ethan and I have been stuck at home in quarantine because of his cold and what we thought was pink eye. 4 days felt more like 4 weeks to us as Ethan kept asking to go "ba-bye in the new car." Isn't that hilarious? Luckily, it ended up being a "cold in the eye" and went away by itself. It was really weird! But I wanted to make sure...just in case. We finally made it to MOPS today and it was SO nice just to interact with people!!! Brian is on his way home from an out-of-town project as I typed and of course, he caught our colds before he left. Poor thing. It has been a rough start of the year for all of us sickies =0(

Because we've been home bound and it's winter, we've watch A LOT of DVDs and "educational" cartoons. I always feel guilty when this happens, but there's so much entertaining I can do. Oh well. Anyway, I've noticed lately that Ethan has discovered that the alphabet letters make up words and sentences. He seemed to noticed them everywhere (like on our sweatshirts, boxes and things around the house) and would trace his finger over the letter as he tries to figure out what it is. And would you believe he knows 14 out of the 26? I find that quite quite impressive! He also knows his colors, shapes and numbers pretty well, too! What a smart kid. I know the different books and toys have been really helpful...and maybe those "shows" too. At least I would like to think so.

No comments: