5.13.2011

Love Thy Neighbors

A while back, the Outreach Pastor had preached saying that before we can reach out across the river to those in need, we have to reach out to those across the street first. That message was a lead in to inviting our neighbors to church for Easter. I felt convicted but still too shy to make that approached. Easter came and went and I failed. (It's really a struggle for me to do the whole small chit chat thing).

Well fast forward to last week and with the Holy Spirit giving me the boldness, I walked over and met our new neighbors across the street. I also met and had an extended conversation with our neighbors who lived catty corner from us in the back. This one I'm truly ashamed to say that it took us 6 years to finally meet them. Isn't that terrible?? AND yesterday I was talking with Patty, our neighbor next door and actually witnessed to her and invited her to church! I didn't realized where our conversation had headed until I came back into our house to prepare dinner when it dawned on me that I just shared about Christ with her. I mean I didn't throw out any Bible verses or anything...it was more like "being a good person isn't good enough and how you just need Jesus Christ." It wasn't awkward or forceful or judgemental or anything. It wasn't at all me =0)

No comments: