Thanksgiving this year brought both sides of the family together with a total of 11 people at our house. Lots of food & fun and just a great time to reflect on what we're really thankful for (other than the typical health, family, etc.)
My parents were also here for a whole week so Brian and I had a chance for a get-away. Instead of spending a lot of time driving somewhere, we decided to just stay across the river and enjoy things locally. We had a pre-birthday celebration for me at Duck City, which is now one of my favorite places to eat. It was SO good!!! We spent the next day grabbing some coffee and just roaming around downtown Moline. What a fun time! Thanks again Mom & Dad! By the way, I got a Keurig for my birthday and I'm super excited. I'm not a daily coffee drinker, but it sure is nice to have it readily available when I want some. Love it!
I can't believe November is behind us and Christmas is quickly approaching. The tree is bought and decorated (with Ethan's help). Now I'm just trying to think of ways to be intentional as far as focusing on Christ and teaching Ethan, too. I'm so thankful for our families who do not put pressure on us with the whole shopping and gift giving thing. Definitely makes the season a lot more enjoyable =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment