Brian's parents came out to visit for a week and that came with a perk. They watched the kids on Friday night, so we could have 9 glorious hours to ourselves. We caught the metro to downtown DC and I made the rookie mistake of wearing heels. Apparently, that's what NOT to do because you have to walk everywhere. As I looked around I realized, you either go for the comfort even if it doesn't match...nobody cares or wear flip flops and bring heals in your purse. Luckily, I was able to find some cheap flip flops that saved my blistery feet the rest of the evening. We walked to Chinatown and enjoyed a yummy dinner at Pho DC. (The last time I had Vietnamese food was during high school back in Hawaii. It has been that long!) Then onto Warner Theatre with 2 free tickets to watch Brian Reagan, a stand up comedian. Not exactly my type of comedy, but he was still pretty funny and I caught myself laughing out loud until my cheeks hurt along with everyone else. It was fun! Afterwards, we ended up a Puerto Rican restaurant called Rio for some drinks and dessert. And then it was time to catch the metro home. 8 years and 2 kids later. Happy Anniversary!
p.s. How come when you get a chance to stay out late (which is not very often), your kids decide to get up at the crack of dawn?

No comments:
Post a Comment