February has not been kind to us as we struggled on into March. Gavin
got on antibiotic for 10 days and was doing much better. But then the med
ran out and within a few days he was back to being miserable again.
Constant runny nose, coughing and screaming in the middle of the night. I
took him into the ped this morning only to find out that now he has double ear
infections. So he'll be on another type of antibiotic for 10 more
days. I feel so awful because seriously nothing bring him comfort.
He won't cuddle or rock. He wants to be held, but as soon as I pick him
up, he'll fight me like crazy to get out of my arms. So I put him down
and then he cries and wants up. Such a helpless feeling. We're all
tired, discouraged and just trying to stay afloat. On top of that, I'm
pretty sure the lack of sleep is making me do stupid things...like forgetting
to screw the lid on tight on Gavin's bottle and have milk spilled
EVERYWHERE. And today, I ended up slicing my finger while trying slice
the bagel for Ethan. Really?!
Anyway last week, Brian's sister sent me a perfect devotion by James
McDonald titled "God Knows" and I just cried while reading it.
In the midst of all this, I've become so tunnel visioned that I wasn't sure if He's
even there. Job put it perfect here how I have been feeling:
"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not
perceive him; on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he
turns to the right hand, but I do not see him. But he knows the way that I
take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. My foot has held fast
to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside."
Job 23:8-11
But then He spoke to me personally saying, "God sees you on the road you
are walking today" and that "God is near to you when your heart is broken
and saves you when your spirit is crushed" (Psalm 34:18). I SO needed to
hear that from Him in a big way!!! So with that we shall continued on and will hopefully see the light
at the end of the tunnel soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment