Kaika has been acting awfully strange ever since we moved in. The first few days he wouldn't eat which I knew was normal with all the changes. But then he started following me around the WHOLE house and wouldn't leave my sight. The dog couldn't relax and it was stressing me out. Once the house projects began, he would start panting and shaking at the same time. At first I thought he might be sick with a fever. How do you know your dog has a fever anyway?! Then we figured out Kaika was having anxiety. All the hammering and banging and moving of boxes was stressing the guy out. I'm sure he partially had fear that something was going to fall on his head. So now we just put him in his crate so he doesn't have to see/deal with all the chaos.
The other stress for Kaika is not being able to roam free in our yard. Right now we have to hook him up the cable and then go down a very steep stairs in order to "go outside" which he absolutely hate. We're in the process of getting it approved by the HOA which is taking longer than expected. But hopefully this is giong to happen soon.
Speaking of the yard, apparently our backyard has a high density of tick. I'm not sure why since we don't have any trees or bushes or anything back there. But somehow every time Kaika is outside for any amount of time, he brings in these yucky little friends with him. So I seriously have to check him all over every.single.time he's out there which is kinda a pain. I recently ordered some Frontline Plus for him so hopefully that'll help. I also was thinking of getting our yard spray or something since I'm feeling paranoid ever since Ethan got bitten by one. Eww so gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment