- I love that Gavin will come out of his room in the morning and just use the bathroom vs Ethan's way. By the time I make it out of my room, Gavin has already flushed and done doing his thing.
- I also love that Gavin will at least attempt to wipe his own butt vs Ethan's screaming of "Mommy I'm done!" aka drop whatever you're doing and come wipe my butt for me RIGHT NOW.
7.30.2014
Potty Training Progress
Gavin is doing really well with potty training and with his independent personality, he will pretty much do it all by himself anyway. But unfortunately, naps and bed time has been affected by this "good" thing. The usual bed time routine of: milk, books, songs and prayer which is already strung out now is taken even longer. For some reason, he thinks he need to use the bathroom 10 more times before laying down. After that comes the nightly crying of protest which can go on for another hour or two. I.SO.dread.it. And the fact that he can now get in and out of his own bed sure doesn't help. He won't actually come out of his room (since he knows he's not supposed to), but he'll lay by the door and kick it over and over again. I figured out that it's best not to go in and just let him be because eventually he'll fall asleep - even if it's right by the door. Hey whatever works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment