7.25.2014

VBS: Agency D3

We just finished a busy week of VBS which included a LOT of driving back and forth.  Honestly, I'm exhausted!  It was fun, but at the same time, I'm glad it's over.  I'm not complaining though because I made the commitment to drive all the way to Parkwood Baptist, which is the same one we went to last year even though it's farther away from our new house now.  The first day it took me 35 minutes to get there through all the morning commute, but thankfully I figured out a different route.  After that it only took 20 minutes with fewer stop lights.  THAT is an accomplishment around here =0) Anyway I know there are other programs around here, but I just love Parkwood's VBS program so much.  They do it with such enthusiasm and such excellence that it made me look forward to it every morning.  Along with that, I know they definitely played a huge part in Ethan's spiritual walk last year after he accepted Jesus into his heart.

This year's theme was a spy theme of Agency D3: Discovery, Decide, Defend (1 Peter 3:15).  Honestly, I was more excited than Ethan was.  All he wanted was a t-shirt and the CD and that's it.  But after the first day of it, he was SO excited he could hardly wait to come back for more.  I knew it!  The rest of the week, he was holed up in his room listening to the songs - on repeat.  God showed me this week that what I called "Intense" in Ethan is what his teacher called "Passionate."  She told me that Ethan was very enthusiastic about EVERYTHING so much so that it got his friends pumped up too.  He is the leader of the group and is always the first to say his memory verse.  It's fun to see him so excited for Jesus and what a contagious Christian he has become.



When we got home today this is what he said:

Ethan: I know we didn't go to VBS just to have fun and meet new friends.
Me: Oh yeah, why did we go then?
Ethan: We went to learn about Jesus.
Me (smile and thinking "this kid is 5 going on 15"): You're right!

No comments: