...but somebody's gotta do it.
How appropriate that I recently finished reading, in a book that was given to me by my stepsister, about Jael (Judges 4 -5) and the parallel with having to do the "dirty work" as a mamma and the fact that Ethan came down with some sort of a stomach bug (or maybe it's because of teething, who knows) this weekend. Talking about God giving you a hands on application - lots of cleaning, bathing and changing him for what feels like the 100th times. Let me tell you it was not fun but through it all, I didn't complain! Instead I just focused on serving him and doing what needed to be done. I had to laugh and think of it as an initiation into the parenthood club =0) I must add that I wasn't alone in this and was blessed enough to have my hubby help!
Anyway, Ethan is a pretty tough kid in many situations, but when it came to this...he was squealing, screaming and crying like I've never seen him before. At one point, I had him in the bathtub and I just froze because he didn't even want me to even get near his raw bottom. I felt SO awful for him! Two days of lathering EVERYTHING we can think of on his lil' bum bum: baby powder, butt paste, cornstarch, vaseline, and baking soda mixture and watching his diet that it's finally starting to clear up. What is it anything with the nature of being a mother and worrying about things, especially things you have no control over?! That was another reminder from the Lord to give it over to Him instead of trying to fix something I can't. Definitely a humbling experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment