1.06.2011

New Year, New Changes

Through a series of different events that had happened these past few months, including Brian witnessing his coworker's death, that we were reminded how short life really is. So with the help of that realization, we began making different choices for our lives. Choices that include not worrying about what other people might think and doing what's best for our family or not worrying about what we can't control in the future. Living in the now for the Lord is what matters. I know Brian for one has changed his work mentality. Don't get me wrong, he's still the hardest worker I know who wants to do his best at everything while balancing and prioritizing family...and that hasn't changed. However, the new change comes in realizing he can only do so much (for one person in one day) and letting go of what he can't. And not worrying about upper management's thoughts or breaking the company unspoken "rules" which has been liberating for him. Now he's just focusing on ultimately working for the Big Man and knowing THAT is good enough.

As for me, I finally embraced the fact that I'm not that super mom who loves to be at home 24/7. It's not for everyone and you know what, that's okay. I needed help/breaks and so I started looking into a part-time day care for Ethan...which unfortunately didn't work out. It was something ridiculous like $45/week for 6 hours. Seriously?! But that's alright because it led to something else good. I ended up signing up for a women's bible study at another church every Tuesday morning from 9:15-11:30 am (with child care). Yay! I'm SO excited not only for me, but for Ethan too. I still dropped him off for a couple of hours at Julie's on Wednesday morning - whenever she can take him. And every other Thursdays I have MOPS. These renewing time away helped me tremendously and it's almost like day care! We're looking forward to other changes this coming year may bring...so we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: