1.27.2011

Quenched

As I have mentioned in the previous posting, there are many changes happening for us in this new year. One of it being that we've decided to switch churches. I'm not gonna go into the details about it here but just that we simply felt called by the Lord to do so. Although it wasn't an easy decision, I've felt encouraged and excited by it knowing that it is what's best for our family.

Right now I'm in the Tuesday morning women's bible study called Voices of the True Womanhood Movement - A Call to the Counter-Revolution by Nancy Leigh DeMoos which is totally kicking my butt. It's a video series including speakers like John Piper and can I just say, Wow! His stuff is so good but SO over my head. It's a good thing they gave us a book (that's pretty much verbatum to the video) so I can actually go over it again during the week. I'm also finding out that I get more out of it when I do the study each day instead of waiting to the last minute and cram. Anyway the concepts aren't new, but it was worded in a way that I've never heard before. Here's a short excerpt:
The ultimate meaning of true womanhood is this: It is a distinctive calling of God to display the glory of His Son in such a way that would not be displayed if there were no womanhood. If there were only generic persons and not male and female, the glory of Christ would be diminished in the world. When God described the glorious work of His Son as the sacrifice of a husband for His bride, He was telling us why He made us male and female...
This means that if you try to reduce womanhood to physical features and biological functions, and then determine your role in the world merely on the basis of competencies, you don't just miss the point of womanhood, you diminish the glory of Christ in your own life. True womanhood is indispensable in God's purpose to display the fullness of the glory of His Son. Your distinctive female personhood is not incidental. It exists because of its God-designed relationship to the central event of history, the death of the Son of God.

Wow. Heavy stuff huh? Read it again and then let it sink in. It truly transformed the way I think about everything - who I am, my worth, my purpose as a woman. Motherhood has totally turned my world upside down and forced me to redefined who I am. And for the past two years, I've been struggling to find a firm footing on the ground. I've also been struggling with my daily reading, prayer life and my relationship with God in general. So THIS is exactly what I needed!!! To be spurred on with a dosage of truth & love and a sense of renewal from my Heavenly Father.

No comments: