4.18.2011

Taste & See

...that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34:8

That was the theme of the Women's Spring Retreat that I attended this weekend. It's funny how I wasn't even gonna go but apparently God had a different plan. I was approached by my table leader about going and rooming with her. After praying about it God said, "Stop making excuses and Go!" So I put aside my fears and went. Not only did he provided a roommate, he also provided a ride so I didn't have to go alone. She was also sweet enough to hang out with me and introduce me to all the people she knows. God is so faithful to even take care of the little things.

Anyway, it was a wonderful and restful get-away weekend where it wasn't jam packed with sessions and programs. I came away refreshed but also challenged with "Are you fully satisfied with your walk with the Lord?" and if not, what are you doing about it? Daily, I really struggle with the temptation to be lazy but according to Hebrews 11-14 becoming a woman of substance (eating solid food) requires training and be in constant practice (of reading the Word and praying). So I'm making it a goal and priority every morning to spend time with my Heavenly Father, the only one who can satisfy my hunger.

p.s. I have to mention that it was so nice to come home to a clean house (cleaner than I had left it) AND a vase of beautiful tullips & a note from my boys =0)

No comments: