A lot of people have said to me, "Wow, you're a super woman!" and I kind of brushed it off because honestly, I don't feel like one. I haven't thought much about it. Tried not to think about it. Then it dawned on me that God is truly giving me extraordinary strength because right about now, I would have been majorly F-reaking out and having break downs.
But I've been doing really well and just keeping it together for everybody...at least until yesterday anyway. Originally, the movers were supposed to come and pack, but everything got moved back a day. Apparently God knew the timing of it all and that we needed that extra day to sort through things and set them aside for a) the luggage for the airport and b) for the car that my parents will be driving out - all of which we need to survive on until the truck gets out there. Doesn't sound too bad, but it was actually pretty stressful! And Gavin must have felt it because he ended up being fussy most of the day. Then Ethan needed attention and wanted someone to play with him. I got a quick nap, Brian didn't. We were exhausted and just short with each other. I think it was close to midnight by the time we made it to bed.
Anyway, the movers came today and I don't know what I was thinking about undertaking this daunting task of packing by ourselves (3 weeks after having a baby). Because we COULD NOT!!! That was definitely a God thing, too! They blew through the house from 8 am and by 7 pm, everything is in boxes and all furniture wrapped. It was pretty amazing! Unfortunately, there were a few things that got packed that weren't supposed to like dirty clothes in the hamper, Ethan's snacks, trash bags, ziplock bags, etc. But oh well, can't do anything about it now. We'll just have to go buy stuff as needed.
They're coming back first thing tomorrow to load and will be on their way. We'll have to spend some time in the afternoon cleaning and stuff. Then on Thursday, we have a final walk through our house at 11 am and then closing at 1 pm. My parents are flying in at 6 pm that night and will be driving with Kaika first thing Friday morning. Then we're flying out at 11 am Saturday.
Side note: Through the all chaos, God has really sent people to walk along side us. We have had meals from small group, my women's bible study and friends coming to us up until we leave. Our friends, Nozomi & Stacia and our neighbor, Patty has been readily available to watch Ethan & letting him nap at her house. Our friends, the Christens are watching Kaika for a night while the Veens are opening up their home for the rest of us (including my parents). Some of the girls from small group are also coming over to help us clean. And of course all the prayers that came our way. They were definitely felt!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment