Ever since we brought Gavin home, Ethan seemed to have grown up instantaneously to me. He became a lot more independent, self sufficient and super helping with Gavin, which made me proud but sad at the same time. Such a big boy. The weirdest part was going from changing Gavin's diaper with his little legs to Ethan's night time diaper with his gigantic thunder thighs. Haha.
As far as all the changes these past two weeks from napping & sleeping at different houses, moving across the country, and recently switching to a twin bed, Ethan is a lot more resilient than I thought he would be. I do feel bad; however, that in the process of trying to get things done we tried hard to meet his needs but still somehow ended up shoving him aside and ignoring him a lot. I know he felt that because now it's coming out in his attitudes and disobedience lately. Back in IA, I didn't really have any problems with him as far as being patience (like everyone else said they do with having two). But now that we're here and short of planned activities but still lots of energy, I find myself a lot more frustrated and giving him less grace. Hopefully, we can get back to our routines soon and have things get back to normal...whatever that is. One thing I'm thankful for is our fenced in backyard which seemed to keep both Ethan and Kaika entertained with lots of exploration to do.
Speaking of Kaika, he's not liking his crate lately and would bark every time we put him in it to leave the house. I guess it all started when we had to do open houses & other things and constantly having to shove him in there. Twice now I found him trying to get on our leather couch while I'm home...what in the world?! I think he's feeling resentful about it, but I don't really blame him.
As for Gavin, he's continuing to be an easy and happy baby. Fussy here and there between 9-11 pm and 3-5 am, but sleeping 5 hours at night. He's growing quite a bit and now fully on formula. Side note real quick, can I just say how ironic it is to have to go through labor pain, then nursing pain and now finally over that only to be dried up. The outcome might have been different at a different time but major stress and exhaustion definitely played a big role this time.
Brian has been busy tackling boxes and on going to do lists. He starts work tomorrow and is in the process of getting ready for that. He said he hasn't given much thought about it, but I know he'll do just fine. Please be praying for him and for me, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment