This past Thursday, we had the privilege of hosting the very first Launch Team meeting for Harvest Bible Chapel Fairfax. It was a sweet time not only to meet some new faces but also to finally come together for worship and fellowship. What a significant moment in our church history and we got to play a big role in it! They were able to secure a meeting room at a nearby university which will be our meeting place every Thursdays from now through August.
Then today, we attended a church that met in a middle school, which is what we'll be doing when September comes. From the stand point of attending an already established church (all our lives really), that was difficult to see. The reality of what we're called and committing ourselves to do for Harvest hit me hard. THIS is what it's going to be like...for us. Getting there early. Having to drive separately. Setting up, helping out. Tearing down. Every.single.Sunday. for I don't know how long. Sundays will no longer be this casual family day because it'll probably be tiring and somewhat stressful between church and the kids. And I just felt so overwhelmed by the thought that I can't do this! I know I wanted to move out of the Midwest to get away from the snow and the cold so God moved us here. And I know that He also moved us here for the church plant. But many times since we've been here, I really struggle to see the big picture of what He has ahead for us. The flesh part of me don't really want this. The sacrifice. The serving. The dying of self. I mean who would want to choose this right when everything back home was comfortable? We go to church, we drop the kids off and we worship. We pick the kids up and then we go home. But what if, we as Christians have been living a "comfortable" life for too long and that comfort isn't the goal or end point? What if he's calling us to sacrifice...for the souls and His kingdom? Anyway, it has been really hard and I'm struggling. But God already knew that.
No comments:
Post a Comment