Everyday I tried to get everyone out of the house. And wherever we go, we tried to make new friends. Ethan will get along well with the kids and I seemed to have a lot in common with another mom and right when I thought about exchanging phone numbers for play dates. BAM! Oh my husband's in the military and we're moving. Seemed to happen a lot and it's so discouraging. The concept of moving and making new friends feel like a dating game to me. Not that I even really dated in high school or college really. But I guess it just takes some time, the right chemistry (your personalities + kids personalities) and living locations. It's so not like the QCA here because everyone could be from everywhere. And not to be picky or anything, but 45 mins to an hour drive in traffic is just not realistic you know. Anyway, still continuing to pray for God's provision in this area so I can start feeling rooted here.
Anyway, a few people have asked what we're doing for church in the mean time and that's part of the "weirdness" of this whole process. Normally, we would find a church and try to get plug in ASAP. However because we ARE the church planters, we can't really do that. So in this waiting period, we've been attending a church that's about 10 minutes away. The message is okay (more for seekers) but the worship is awesome. I just felt like I needed to find something consistent for my sake and especially for Ethan, too. We're really, really missing our church back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment