After two attempts on two different weekends, we finally made it to the National Zoo downtown DC. The first attempt, we had to get on the bus to get to the metro (since they were working on the line). Then when we got half way there, we decided it wasn't worth it so we turn around and come home. The second attempt, we drove in. Hit some traffic, took about an hour but it was doable.
Anyway, I realized after getting these pictures loaded that we didn't really get any of the real animals. But then again, we didn't see that many either. Probably the combos of getting there towards the end of the day and a lot of constructions on the grounds. Ethan's favorite were the Pandas since he has never seen one in real life before. It was fun but not one of my favorite zoos though. I was so thankful a friend of ours told us to park in lot D, which is at the bottom of the hill and walk up. Because at the end, we got to turn around and walk down and didn't have to hear the "I'm tired, I can't walk anymore." Genius!
2 comments:
I'm kind of jealous at all of the wonderful things you guys have within driving distance!! Looks like so much fun!
It's also weird to think that there's so much history and so many decisions being made right here, too!
Post a Comment