9.27.2012

Big Week

Last week was a really big week.  Brian's mom flew in on Tuesday and I left on a solo trek for a True Woman's Conference in Indiana on Thursday.  As I sat down today and reflect back upon it, I saw God's hand (not only at the conference) but in the preparations that would allow me to go.  And my heart just feel so thankful.  He provided financially for the conference, hotel, gas and food.  For Brian's mom to be able to come and help out.  Brian's flexibility with work and for my friend, Alyssa to meet me there from Iowa. Anyway, this conference only happens every four years and I missed the one in '08.  But I was able to do a study through the Harvest Bible Chapel Davenport and it changed my life.  I wrote a post about it over a year ago.  So when I learned that they were doing another one this September, I was all for it.  The only thing is all that I mentioned above had to come together and I honestly wasn't sure how it was going to happen.  But you know what, He covered every single detail!  That is my God and He cares enough to do that just for me =0)   

As for the road trip, I was SO nervous about it!  The last time I did a crazy trip like that was back in college when Brian and I did our long distance relationship.  Yes they were both 10 hours, but back then it was through a boring but familiar state of Nebraska instead of the winding roads and 6 states I've never driven through.  I did appreciate the silence in the car where I can think, pray and even reflect about my life.  And being able to push it and stopping only when it was absolutely necessary.  But man, it was still a loooong trip, especially through WV and MD in the dark on the way home.  That was kinda scary.  But I made it!  And I feel like I've regain a sense of independence and confidence...although I don't know if I ever want to do that again.  Haha.  Not only that, being away made me realize the utmost importance of who I am and what I do.  My role as a wife and especially a mom.  When I got home, Brian mentioned something about having two people doing my job of one and his new appreciation for me.  I need to hear these things often so I told him to keep them coming =0)  Sometimes in the midst of doing the mundane home life, I've wondered if I'm actually making any difference.  And honestly, often times I don't feel like I am.  I hear all the time about how children are special creations and that God has given them to us as a gift to care for and train them up (for a short period of time).  Well, it wasn't until this weekend that God really opened my eyes to "see" and understand a whole new perspective:
We have a higher calling than to just live out this life.  We are not raising our children to just get through the day or the week, but rather with thoughts and prayers about who they will be in twenty years, how the Lord will use them, and ultimately where they will be for eternity. --Entrusted with a Child's Heart
It was cool to bump into Evie (the Director of the Woman's Ministry at Harvest Davenport) who had her own kiosk at the conference

 
Alyssa, Evie and me 

Everything went well on the home front while I was gone although Ethan took it pretty hard.  I didn't prep him as much thinking he'll be distracted with Brian and his Nana anyway (since I'm the boring mom he sees everyday).  Well, he was kinda confused and didn't understand why I wasn't coming home.  I guess I've never been gone from him that long...or the whole family really.  And I truly, truly missed them.  I was so ready to come home by Saturday!  Brian's mom has been so helpful during her 10 days here and it'll be hard for all of us to see her go.  My heart breaks as we've been preparing Ethan with her departure tomorrow knowing there is no easy way to ease his sadness.  But they'll both be back in November for his birthday so we're focusing on that.

No comments: