12.13.2012

Sickness Update

It's Day 6 of Gavin's stomach bug and I wasn't sure if this day will ever come.  This is the first morning I've walked into his room and wasn't greeted by a rancid diaper.  There is hope after all.  And it continued to look up from there.  I think he's finally getting better and almost rid of this awful thing.  Wow, it has been a long week of the baths, diaper/clothes changing, laundry, scrubbing...repeat.  I had a few breakdowns and Why me?!'s.  Definitely not my proudest moments, but God (and Brian) helped me through. 

Anyway, Ethan threw up all over his room Sunday morning so we missed church.  Thankfully, Jennifer, a freshman girl from GMU who I gave a ride (once) to Harvest came to my rescue.  She was on her way to go to church with us when I called her with the news.  Her response?  Do you need help, I'll come over.  And she did!  She watched both of the kids while I cleaned EVERYTHING.  Her generosity touched me.  So did God's gracious hand.  Then Brian came home with flu like symptoms that afternoon and got the worse of it all.  I was the luckiest one since I only had an upset stomach.  Wow, I don't think we have ever all been sick like this before - and I hope never again!    

No comments: