4.09.2014

Almost There

It's packing and moving time.  In a span of three days, I had spent 8 hours deep cleaning the kitchen at the new house.  It.was.so.gross.  I wanted to cry.  Not sure if these people ever clean their house.  Anyway, it was still a little unnerving to be there by myself (even during the day) because there are still muddy shoe prints all over our deck and a few inside the house.  Plus, I didn't exactly like seeing all the broken glasses on the outside of the house which was impossible to pick up in that short amount of time.  I had to pep talk myself not to freak every time I hear something thinking that someone's going to break in...while I'm in it.  It should feel a lot better once we can order some blinds and get them up. 

Brian's parents got here yesterday and it looks like it's going to be a busy week:
  • Ethan took his Nana and Grandpa to the Special Person's Tea today at preschool.  Then they're off to the Ringling Bro circus tonight.
  • Preschool Easter party tomorrow, go downtown DC to see the Cherry Blossom, then Brian & I have small group dinner out.
  • Friday night, we're loading all the big furniture into the trailer.
  • Saturday, the big moving day.
-----------------------------------------
 
On a different note, I'm not sure what's up with Gavin lately.  He screams at nap time.  He screams at bedtime.  He screams when we leave him at church or the gym.  I think it's a recurring of separation anxiety again and it's awful!  I feel bad for him and for me.  Yesterday when I dropped him off at the gym's childcare, he decided to protest by running into the wall, bonk his head on purpose and then cried.  I left and then he was fine.  I wonder if he's sensing a lot of changing that is going on with the upcoming move or something.  Who knows.  This too shall pass right?

No comments: