Apparently being the rookie that I am, I didn't realize there is a whole process with this apple picking thing. First off, you have to drive to the right area or else you'll be walking forever since they weren't labeled all that well. Once you're in the orchard, the rotten apples scent hits you immediately as you are swarmed by the gnats. Lovely. We just got here and Ethan is already wandered off. I think it took too long and he's already bored at this point. I don't know about this. Then Ethan came back with some apples...from the ground. So we had to explain about only picking the good ones that are on the trees. He disappeared again and came back with two that were perfect. I guess he's getting the idea. Anyway, we picked about a dozen apples and headed back to the barn. Ethan and Brian picked out two pumpkins - a big one to "attempt" to carve as a family and a little one for Ethan's room, some bread and cider. We ate a quick lunch before heading home. What a beautiful day for a drive and to see the leaves changing colors. It was fun, but I might leave this to be a boys' thing next year.
Trying my hand at picking (with Gavin's help)
Are these good?
One for the road!




No comments:
Post a Comment