10.30.2012

Frankenstorm

After learning that the storm of the season was coming our way, we got water and food supply ready and braced ourselves for what was to come.  We had nonstop steady rain with high wind, which looked like a winter storm back home to me.  I guess Iowa prepared me well.  No power outage surprisingly.  Overall I'm thankful we weren't hit as hard as some other part of the coast.  I can't image what that would be like.  We ended up staying home all last week because of Ethan's cold and to my disappointment, schools announced their 2-day closing way ahead of time.  Other than going to church on Sunday, the kids haven't really gone anywhere.  So after almost a whole week of being home bound, I just couldn't handle the crazy energy anymore.  I was going to go to the library yesterday but that was closed, too.  So today out of desperation, I called a friend from church and asked if we could come over for a play date.  That was exactly what we all needed!  Preschool should be back in session on Thursday...I hope.

No comments: