After trying everything (well almost everything), we finally figured out what was wrong with Gavin and his strange anxiety that seemed to overtake him every single night. The Lord must have brought to my mind what Brian's sister, Mandy had shared with me a long time ago about her kids wanting to sleep with the door open. Because HALLELUJAH we tried it and it worked. That was exactly what he wanted. This is night #2 and there is no whimpering as we exited his room. No crying. No nothing. Just a content 'lil boy going to sleep. I don't know if he was scared or felt trapped in his room and couldn't come out to use the bathroom or what. I cannot tell you what a praise it was to finally figured out what was bothering him...and to have our peaceful evenings back again!
Now I just have to remember to shut his door before going to bed so he doesn't get woken up at 5:30am by Brian. Followed by big brother's thumping down the stairs to go watch his morning cartoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment