8.25.2014

Mamma Break Down

As I have previously mentioned, these past two weeks or so has been the most challenging time with the kids of all this summer.  Our morning started with Gavin waking up mad and flinging his door open hard (because Brian shut his door as not to wake him up with his routine) which in turn woke Ethan up early.  They both proceeded to be cranky and whinny so Ethan and I ate our breakfast while Gavin refused to.  Ethan headed downstairs to watch cartoon while Gavin and I played with playdoh and I thought to myself, "It might be an okay day after all even if we weren't planning on going anywhere today."  Unfortunately that was the highlight of the day because it went down hill fast.  Gavin did something naughty despite my warning and ended up in time out.  Afterwards, I tried to talk to him and he still refused to obey and got a spanking.  That's when the escalation happened...he screamed at the top of his lungs in protest and then decided to pee on the floor (even though I think it was an accident) and was "swimming" in it.  Nothing I did worked and despite my numerous attemps to calm him down, the craziness continued for half an hour where he eventually gave up and fell asleep.  While I went downstairs, locked myself in the bathroom and cry.  It.was.awful. 
 
Yesterday, our pastor preached about how "Joy Begins Now" from Ecclesiastes and I felt convicted.  I set off to choose joy and love and self-control today and you know what, it was so hard and I failed miserably.  My spirit feel so weary and drained and very, very discouraged right now.  And it's only 12:30 pm.  Oh are we done with the twos yet???

No comments: