1.24.2009

Nap Time

Nap time for Ethan still varies even though we're on a schedule...ranging anywhere from 1 hour to 2-1/2 hours. He used to be able to fall asleep anywhere, anytime and stay asleep which was really nice. But lately he seemed to have a hard time going down for a nap especially when he's around a lot of people, noises and bright lights. That happened on New Year's Eve when he was up for like 5 hours (with some catnapping in between) and also when we were in Marshalltown this week. I guess he was overstimulated and tried to fight his tiredness which turned him into a really fussy baby. It's kinda a dilemma when I can't really let him cry for 5-10 mins in public like I usually do at home either. I didn't want people to think that I'm neglecting my child. Anyway, I was reading and one thing the book said might help is to shorten his awake time so I'll have to try that and see. I guess it's like beating him to his nap before he's tired concept or something.

No comments: