1.28.2009

Quote Worthy

"Try to stay patient and if you need to hold him go ahead. He is just a baby and will only stay small for a short time." - Kathy Massa (my co-worker) in regards to my "off" day this past Monday.

What a great reminder because I really needed that! This past week, I've been so caught up with doing everything by the schedules that I was stressing myself out. On top of that, I know I was driving Brian crazy too! Yes, schedules and routines are good, but they are there to serve as guidelines instead of being the rules. It's okay to deviate from them every once in a while as long as they don't become the norm. And there will be days...in fact, lots of days when things don't go perfectly (as I'm learning) so I have to just roll with it. It is really a battle within myself since I'm such a perfectionist and want everything to be perfect as a first time parent. I guess that's where God's grace comes in for my shortfalls.

p.s. I'm also learning to spoil Ethan a little bit more instead of being so strict with him.

No comments: