1.30.2009

On Being a Mamma

I had a few people asked me, "How does it feel to be a mom?" To tell you the truth, I find that question really hard to answer. The reason being that there are so many aspects to being a mamma and so there isn't really one answer for it.

When I was pregnant with Ethan, I was thinking to myself that I was going to be one of those "This is what I was born to do" Mom. Instead when I had him, I was more of a "This is harder than I thought" Mom. Looking back, it made me laugh because seriously who was I kidding?!? Anyway, the initial overwhelming feelings eventually turned into confidence as I figured things out. Some days I feel like I'm on top of the world "Super Mom" and that I can do it all. Then there are other days when I feel frustrated and don't know if I can do this Mom-thing. So when it comes down to it, feelings are really fickle because they truly changed from day to day for me. So I guess it's more of the big picture and this new love and bonding that are being formed. The sacrifice that you give of yourself to a baby who completely depends on you for everything. An incredible gift that God bestowed on us for a short period of time. Smiles and laughter that warm your heart and cries that make you cringed. It's hard to put into words what I feel, but the only thing that came to mind is: A Baby Changes Everything!

No comments: