4.26.2012

Mr. Social

One thing that I love about Ethan is his ability to quickly make new friends. The past three Sundays, we've been attending different churches (while we're building our own church) and had to put him in the toddler's room. Each time I wonder if he would be okay but as soon as he walks through the door, he either takes his teacher's hand or takes off running and never looks back. Yup, that's my social child. Even yesterday at the park, he found some boys and ended up joining their playground gang. Haha. It's funny to me because they all think Ethan was their age since he's so tall, but I'm pretty sure he was the youngest one. The sweetest part was when he would occasionally look over to me and make sure I'm still there or would come over to ask permission to run off with them. I just love how there's still a sweetness and innocence-ness to him. Then it got me thinking about when he gets older and will be influence so much more by his peers. The neighborhood bike gang that will go exploring and do boy things. Or his high school years of adolescent and peer pressure. But God calmed my heart as I gave it over to Him and simply prayed for protection over both my boys. There will come a time where I have to trust and let go. Just like my parents did and hope that we've done enough as parents to prepare them for the real world.

No comments: