9.11.2013

Another Year Wiser

So today is a special day because it's Brian's birthday.  I made his favorite meal which is super easy and super yummy I have to share:

Flavorful Pot Roast

•    2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each) - one is enough for our family
•    1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
•    1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
•    1 envelope brown gravy mix
•    1/2 cup water
 

Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. 

Followed by singing, cake, cards and present.  Then it was off to parent's orientation night at Ethan's preschool.  I know, on his birthday!  I felt bad, but I really wanted him to see his school and at least meet the teachers.  The real celebration is happening this Saturday when Ryan is taking him to a DC United soccer game.  Then I'll be taking him on a boat tour sometime soon.  Pending babysitter.

Happy Birthday Babe and know how much we love and appreciate you!  And if it was up to Ethan, you would have had today off from work =0)

No comments: