9.08.2013

Mamma Wisdom of the Day

Oh yesterday was a rough one with Gavin.  The terrible twos is in full swing.  He seems to be frustrated at anything and everything so the whining starts from the moment he's up until he goes to bed.  With that also comes hitting, head butting Ethan, throwing himself on the floor and purposefully banging his own head on any hard surface and then crying.  Did I mention he's also getting into everything he's not supposed to including the garbage can?  Totally gross.  Gotta love this stage!

Unfortunately, the "no's" and flicking on the back of the hand are not working for us.  But guess what does?  Time out in the kitchen.  That's what we figured out after Gavin's nonstop screaming fest at dinner (thanks big  brother for teaching him that!).  As for the trash digging problem, we decided to fork out the big bucks for a garage can that Gavin can't open.  It was seriously driving me crazy and one less thing I want to deal with.  So far, so good...

Anyway, by bedtime we were all completely drained by him.  I guess Ethan have had it with him too because he kept saying something about wishing he doesn't have a brother.  Poor kid!  I supposed the four teeth (two molars, two canines) that are coming in doesn't help either.  Praying for a better week with him...here we go again!

No comments: