Last week's question at small group was "What has been on your mind a lot lately?" And my answer is the short sale house. I'm still trusting God, still believing that there is a plan for us. However, it has now been strung out for 7 months and we still have no answer and no closing date. At this point, it.is.just.ridiculous. My dilemma has been and still is "Do I decorate or do I not?" When we first moved in here, my dear husband didn't want to unpack any decorations or put up anything on the wall thinking that we were going to move after a year. Year one came and past and I got tired of the empty, blank walls. So I unpacked...some. The packers did such a good job wrapping everything up, we didn't want to undo everything. Then came year two and we're still here. And I still feel like this is not home. The question arise again, do I take the time and money to paint, decorate and buy things knowing that maybe, just maybe we'll be moving (soon)? It's such an inner struggle of my creative self and things I want to do to this house vs my practical self and I seriously feel like I'm going to burst at the seam. And the fact that I've already packed up a lot of stuff in anticipation of the move. So now do I unpack again? Ugh.
Anyway, the other thing that is keeping me up at night is understanding why, oh why this house is not happening. Are we not supposed to be here long term? Why our friends, who started the house search last March, are in their house now for a year and we're still searching? Where would Ethan go to kindergarten and how I hope we won't have to move him mid year?
Along with that, winter has not been kind to us. I feel stuck at home with the blues and constantly feel tired all the time. Now if Spring + House would happen soon that would be just great.
No comments:
Post a Comment